Skip to main content

Boot Up with Mr Price: Top 5 Trend

It is time to 'Boot Up'. The temperature has dropped, and although you may have been trying so hard to hold on to your stylish sandals, it's time to 'boot' those toes away. The past year saw a lot of thigh high, sexy vibes, high very high heeled boots which most designers seem to have moved away from. We are most likely to see slouchy below the knee boots, lots of block heel and low heels and animal printed boots this season. here are our top 5 picks, based on the trends, that you can find at Mr Price. Animal Slouch / Below the knee Cowboy Combat Retro

#SUPREME VS #OBEY

We love both these fashion name giants but we always love putting that to the test. We face off the Supreme brand with Obey. Their fashion photography is always on point and so are their clothing items. 


YOU CHOOSE!!!          SUPREME or OBEY

Background on Supreme:
Supreme is a streetwear clothing brand in New York City established in 1994.
The first Supreme store opened its doors in downtown Manhattan in 1994. In 2004, a store was opened in Los Angeles, California, which is almost double the size of the original New York store. There are other stores in London, Tokyo (Harajuku, Daikanyama & Shibuya), Nagoya, Osaka, and Fukuoka.
The brand caters to the Skateboarding, Hip hop, and Punk rock cultures, and youth culture at large. They have collaborated with photographers: Larry Clark, Terry Richardson and artists/groups like A$AP Mob, Glassjaw, Odd Future, Kaws, Juicy J, Futura 2000, Damien Hirst, Takashi Murakami, Jeff Koons, Daniel Johnston, Peter Saville, Lady Gaga as well as many more.
Supreme has a long line of collaborations with brands such as Nike, Vans, Clarks, The North Face, Levi's, Timberland, Comme des Garçons, WTAPS, designers such as Adam Kimmel, as well as artist of likes Aymeric and Jean-Michel Basquiat . -wiki-
Background on Obey:
OBEY Clothing was formed in 2001 as an extension of Shepard’s range of work. Aligned with his populist views, clothing became another canvas to spread his art and message to the people. The clothing is heavily inspired by classic military design, work wear basics, as well as the elements and cultural movements Shepard has based his art career on. Through designers Mike Ternosky and Erin Wignall, Shepard works to create designs that represent his influences, ideals and philosophy.
OBEY is about variety and experience, thinking about your surroundings and questioning the purpose. Stay tuned for the next chapter, as the canvas will undoubtedly continue to change and evolve. All in the name of fun and observation. The medium is the message. 
-www.obeyclothing.com



SUPREME
Amber Rose

Fashion Killer Riri

Kate Moss for Supreme 








OBEY














 FUFU for #Obey



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#REDWINGS RED WING BOOTS vs #WOLVERINES 1000 MILE #MENSWEAR #SHOES

Some things for the guys, we have gone and compared mens footwear, something that was originally manufactured for NOT for what its worn today. RedWings, an Irish make of shoes. These were originally made for men that worked in hard labour industries,  such as mines, logging and farming. But you know how fashion always find its way in the oddest of things. REDWINGS are a high quality brand for men, they have that edgy look and also a bit of cowboy feel. A man with a true sense of fashion will know just how to rock these.                                                                  RED WINGS Wolverines,the 1000mIle boots from wolverine sets standard for their durabilty when they were first made in 1914. These amazing boots started in Rockford, Michigan. Wolverines originated f...

Verse Studio Leather Belter

Reality vs Reality It's so hard to keep up with adulting, I often end up chasing time, trying to do all the things on my list. The reality is that sometimes we just can't get to everything, which ends up with some things being a little neglected. I had a content calendar that made so much sense,but then life happened. I'm not at all mad though, just a tad bit sad that I can't post as often as I would like. Anyway, with all that out of the way, I just wanted to share this cute find with you. Earlier in May, I was helping my partner at the market, that ran over 5 days, and I felt the urge to spoil myself, because at the last one, I didn't have a budget and I needed to reward myself with something new. I purchased myself this perfectly cute leather belter moonbag, in yellow from Verse Studio and I am totally in love with it. I am currently trying my very best not to abuse it. This belter is perfect in size, style and texture. I love that I can either wear it a...

MR PRICE HOME WINTER 2019 LAUNCH

Here are some insights of what to expect this winter, what the trends are and how to style it up with Mr Price Home. I was honored to attend the Mr Price Home Winter 2019 launch at the Sandton City Mall, where I had the chance to not only meet the amazing people behind the brand, but to also learn about the home style and trends as per the brand. image from Mr Price home site Yanni Vosloo, the Merchandise Director of Mr Price Home gave us a rundown of how the brand works. Mr Price employs 12 designers and 3 trends people that all sit at their Durban warehouse and collaborate ideas to come up with all the great pieces that we see in their stores nationwide. Post that process the team analyzes the types of shoppers that they have, as a means of ensuring that they cater for all their customers including the potential customer. One interesting point that Yani made was that their products are mostly made in SA. image from Mr Price home site It is very important for us as c...